As part of our daily lives, stainless steel is establishing a highly significant role in many applications towards making human work easier and faster.
Stainless steel plays a very vital role in human lives. You may think of it as an ordinary material, although its usage is proven to be highly needed in all aspects of living. These metals can be seen anywhere. In house interiors, the streets, facilities, and in several infrastructures, this metal is present. Including your kitchen utensils and household hardware.
This metal has the properties and characteristics that make it fitting to different applications. A sudden rise in different fields like architecture, transportation, business, etc. is joined with diverse purposes.
Stainless Steel Composition
As a common knowledge, stainless steel is a solid property. It is purely metal. What makes it exceptional and far different from other metals is that it is long-lasting and highly resistant to corrosion and staining. Basically, this metal is an alloy of steel with chromium and with other elements like nickel and molybdenum which give it immunity to corrosion and rusting. The chromium serves as its protecting layer, making it a self-healing property.
Other elements are also added to it, giving it remarkably unparalleled qualities. For the enhancement of many structures and other properties, elements like copper and titanium are also added aside from nickel and molybdenum.
Excellent Features of Stainless Steel
In short, elements like chromium, nickel, molybdenum, copper, and titanium give this metal remarkable features such as:
- attractive appearance
- high corrosion resistance
Stainless steel, with its unique properties, is best applicable for creating various utensils, tools, parts for machines, and numerous other hardwares eminently useful in everyday living.
Types of Stainless Steel
- Austenitic Stainless Steels – most commonly used with 200 to 300 series. These steels are non-magnetic and are highly resistant to corrosion.
- Ferritic Stainless Steels – plain chromium stainless steels with 400 series. They are magnetic and have lower corrosion resistance.
- Martensitic Stainless Steels – also magnetic steels with 400 and 500 series. They are highly resistant to fatigue and also have higher strength and wear resistance.
- Precipitation Hardening Stainless Steels – are heat treatable types of steels. They also have the same high corrosion resistance to that of austenitic stainless steel.
- Duplex Stainless Steels – are steels with high nickel and chromium content. They have greater resistance to stress corrosion than other stainless steels. This type of steels is a mixture of austenitic and ferritic stainless steels.
In addition to these types, stainless steel differs when it is being prepared for an application. Different manufacturers offer the various forms of stainless steel, such as bearing shaft quality, duplex, and high-performing grades.
Great Advantages To Look For
Surely, materials like steel can make work easier and faster. In addition, these materials give room for the advancement of machines, tools, and appliances to aid human living. With the countless ideas that the world offers you when it comes to having the good quality type of steels, you would surely end up confused in choosing what is best!
At Advance Grinding, we provide you with the best solutions to your business needs! We assure you with the word “quality” we take pride in providing the best qualities for our products and services. Advance Grinding brings you products which are sophisticated in design, excellent and superior in performance, and are cost-effective!
We are an ISO certified company and aside from our fine products, we also offer various services that help manufacture your parts conveniently, like, centerless grinding, cutting, bar grinding, bar chamfering, and other related services.